Advancement International Ltd.
595 Circlewood, Aurora, OH 44202(USA)
Phone: 330-562-8983 | FAX: 330-562-9990
Accepted forms of payment:
STEEL SET SCREWS DISCLAIMER AND FAQ
IMPORTANT WARNING ON IMPROPER USE OF STEEL SET SCREWS
Zinc plated steel set screws (slotted and hex socket) are commonly used in OEM electrical aluminum bodied industrial wire connectors.
1) Screws sold separately are strictly NOT intended for repairing or replacing screws in ANY wire connector outside of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) factory environment which is field inspected by UL and CSA to assure compliance to the tested build procedures.
2) UL and CSA DO NOT PERMIT ANY unauthorized field repair or modification to any connector bearing the UL or CSA logos (see UL White Book).
It is entirely the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain all of the approvals from the AHJ (Authority(ies) Having Jurisdiction) covering the application.
3) Screws used in electrical connectors vary WIDELY in length, steel alloy, conductivity, plating, waxing, friction coefficient, nose geometry, drive size, hex socket specs, or slot geometry and torque capability, and many other factors. There is NO “standard replacement screw” for electrical connectors across the many brands and designs of wire connector.
4) Any and all use or misuse of steel set screw for electrical or mechanical or any other uses is entirely the responsibility of the purchaser to validate and duly indemnifies seller of all.
5) Zinc plated steel screws on this site meet the standard alloy composition for Steel (RoHS Lead Free) or (RoHS with lead exemption). In addition, electroplating with zin and clear chromate will be present on the exterior. Numerous other metallic trace elements may be present.
6) Corrosion: due to the wide range of galvanic elements and alloys on the surface of these screws the presence of electrolytes including rain water will cause galvanic corrosion of the screw itself and or the mating component(s).
Consequently, only dry applications should be considered.
Low pH environments are particularly corrosive to steel.
7) No representations for fitness for any use or any application are given or implied.
What happens to the Listing if a UL-Listed product is modified in the field? An authorized use of the UL Mark is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product was originally manufactured in accordance with the applicable requirements when it was shipped from the factory. When a UL-Listed product is modified after it leaves the factory, UL has no way to determine if the product continues to comply with the safety requirements used to certify the product without investigating the modified product. UL can neither indicate that such modifications ‘‘void’’ the UL Mark, nor that the product continues to meet UL’s safety requirements, unless the field modifications have been specifically investigated by UL. It is the responsibility of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to determine the acceptability of the modification or if the modifications are significant enough to require one of UL’s Field Engineering Services staff members to evaluate the modified product. UL can assist the AHJ in making this determination. An exception for a field modification authorized by UL is when the product has specific replacement markings. For example, a switchboard may have specific grounding kits added in the field. The switchboard is marked with a list of specific kit numbers that have been investigated for use in that particular switchboard. Only grounding kits that are included on the marking on the product have been investigated for use in that product. If a party wishes UL to determine if the modifications made to a UL Listed product comply with UL requirements, the appropriate Field Engineering Service can be initiated to investigate the modifications. This investigation will only be conducted after UL consults with the AHJ to ensure that UL’s investigation addresses all areas of concern and meets all of the AHJ’s needs. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about a Field Evaluation, contact Field Services at +1-877-UL-HELPS, prompt #2 (+1-877-854-3577) or visit http://www.ul.com/field/.
Copyright © 2021 Advancement International Ltd, Aurora Ohio - All Rights Reserved
Advancement International Ltd is a registered company of Ohio, USA
IHI® is the Registered Trademark of International Hydraulics Inc.
LugsDirect.com is owned and operated by Advancement International Ltd.
DUNS # 148692197, REGISTERED WITH CCR, CAGE / NCAGE NUMBER 5A6R9,
A2 WOMAN OWNED SMALL BUSINESS, NAICS 335931, SIC 3643,
Made in the USA from domestic and imported parts. NAFTA CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE